We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Christmas is here, and with it the nougat, marzipan, and the variety of bonbons and chocolates are increasing. If you have the habit of preparing Christmas recipes at home, you will like the idea that we show you below.
From our site, we suggest you create some cookie decorations shaped like Christmas canes. These colorful sweets will not only decorate the table, but their irresistible chocolate flavor will delight your children and your guests. Do not miss the opportunity to surprise them with this one Christmas cane cookies recipe.
- 225 g of unsalted butter.
- 150 gr of icing sugar.
- Vanilla extract.
- 425 gr of cake flour.
- 85 gr of pure cocoa defatted without sugar.
- Two eggs
- 200 g of icing sugar.
- Red paste coloring.
1. We sift the flour and cocoa. We booked. In a bowl, beat the butter, which must be at room temperature, together with the sifted icing sugar. When both begin to integrate, we add the egg, two or three teaspoons of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. We beat. Add the flour little by little, and when the dough begins to be homogeneous, knead it to form a ball. We cover it with plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
2. With the help of a rolling pin, we stretch the dough between two pieces of baking paper, leaving a thickness of about 5 mm. We cool again for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, we preheat the oven to 180º with heat up and down. We will use a cookie cutter in the shape of a Christmas cane to cut the dough. We bake the cookies for 8 minutes and let them cool on a rack.
3. To prepare the icing, we separate the yolks from the whites, and we mount the whites until stiff. Add the sifted icing sugar and beat until the mixture is shiny.
4. To decorate the cookies, fill a pastry bag with half the icing, and use a round nozzle to go over the contour of the cookies and mark the partitions.
5. We tint the rest of the icing with the red coloring and finish the decoration. Once they have dried, you can try one before offering it to others. Delicious!
You can read more articles similar to Christmas cane cookies. Christmas recipes for kids, in the category of Recipes on site.