We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Who has not done this at some time? It is a very common image in restaurants, supermarkets, medical consultations ... The father or mother uses the mobile to reassure the child.
Before the child erupts in a tantrum, runs around the table or talks too loud, we turn to what seems to be our salvation: the mobile. However, recent studies warn about use our devices as digital babysitters, You want to know why?
When the child is screaming in a restaurant, does not want to sit in the chair or is about to have a tantrum, We usually resort to an effective, infallible, magical tool ... the mobile! Who has not used the mobile to calm the child? It is a rest and above all a relief, but are we doing well? Experts say no.
A team of researchers from Hospital Infantil C.S. Mott, from the University of Michigan conducted a study on 150 families and found that parents are increasingly turning to new technologies as a quick and effective method to calm and reassure their child. But the research also indicated that these devices are used even more as a babysitter or tranquilizer, in children with more difficult social behaviors. What dangers does it entail according to the experts?
- The abuse of these devices with all that this entails.They should not be a toy for children, and you don't want to spend more than 30 minutes a day with them.
- If we use the mobile to calm him down, we are not solving any problemWe only hide it by distracting the child.
- Children are not learning to behave and to act appropriately in certain circumstances.
- They do not learn to tolerate frustration, that is, they do not discover for themselves that things do not always go the way they want.
- They do not learn to control anger and rageThey are not developing self-control techniques.
- By giving him the mobile we only avoid that embarrassing moment of tantrum, so the child will know what to do when he wants to play with a tablet or a phone, he will have a tendency to be a tyrant child.
- In short, we are not putting any pedagogical measure for the child to calm down, the problem will still be there when we take the phone from him.
You can read more articles similar to Why shouldn't we use the mobile to reassure the child, in the category of New Technologies on site.