We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Around 6 or 7 months, the time comes when babies stop being fed exclusively with breast milk or artificial milk, to begin the stage of porridges, purees ... of trying their first spoonfuls. It is time to start introducing baby food and with them, little by little, new types of food, semi-solid or solid, such as fruits, vegetables, meat or fish. However, it is still essential that babies continue to drink, at least half a liter of milk a day. Either in a bottle, with breastfeeding or in cereal porridge.
From 6 or 7 months, the baby's pediatrician will begin to indicate which foods you should introduce to your little one's diet, in the form of puree, porridge, or small pieces. The important thing is to do it little by little, with patience, giving the baby to taste one food at a time, and observe his reaction and his tolerance level.
At 6 months the baby's digestive system, in a general way, has matured to accept new foods, which must be offered to the baby in the following order. Of course, you must follow the doctor's guidelines, above all.
- At 6 months: Fruit porridges such as apple, orange, pear or banana are introduced. At the same time he gives himself to taste vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, green beans, as well as gluten-free cereals.
- At 7 months: it is given to the baby to try new vegetables that are not indigestible, such as zucchini, leek ... It is now time to add white meats, such as turkey and chicken, which should be added to the puree, all shredded. Gluten begins to be introduced.
- At 8 months: the introduction of red meat. The veal is added alternating it with the chicken in the meal. Depending on the level of swallowing of the baby, small pieces of soft food such as cooked ham, cooked potato may be offered so that he can get used to chewing and swallowing.
- At 9 months: A porridge is started at dinner, with the introduction of white fish, such as hake, monkfish, sole ...). It can be offered 3 to 4 times a week.
- At 10 months: the baby is given an egg yolk to taste.
- At 12 months: Whole egg and legumes.
In this way, when the baby reaches 12 months, he will have tried practically all kinds of foods, except those that are less digestible or that are more allergic, such as nuts and others.
Milk intake at this age is still essential for good development so it should not be less than 500 cc / day. For this, the day we want to give our baby fish, we will eliminate the fruit porridge and administer a continuation-2 formula porridge with cereals the same as that for breakfast.
At 10-12 months of age the egg is introduced for dinner alternating with fish once a week. First it will be boiled egg and only the yolk. You can administer it completely after 2-3 weeks. In the form of a French omelette it will start at 12-15 months depending on the baby's ability to chew.
You can read more articles similar to Feeding for babies from 7 to 12 months, in the Babies category on site.