We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Diego Maradona tells the story of one of Argentina's greatest soccer players. Presented using authentic and previously unseen footage, Maradona's story is traced from his humble roots as young soccer player from a poor village, to his fall from grace as a cocaine-addicted sports superstar.
Poverty; substance abuse; organised crime
Diego Maradona has some violence. For example:
- Numerous scenes show on-field fights among soccer players. The fights include kicking, punching and so on.
- Footage shows a shot-up car. It's covered in blood, and a murdered man is slumped over the seat.
Diego Maradona has some sexual references. For example, there are many jokes about and references to prostitution.
Alcohol, drugs and other substances
Diego Maradona shows some use of substances. For example:
- People drink a lot of alcohol.
- There are many references to cocaine use and addiction.
- People smoke.
Nudity and sexual activity
Diego Maradona has some nudity and sexual activity. For example:
- Maradona and his girlfriend kiss intimately.
- A poster shows a woman dressed in lace with her breasts and groin exposed.
- Photos show Maradona and others in a strip club with naked women.
The following products are displayed or used in Diego Maradona: Puma, Ferrari, Fiat, J?germeister, Cannon, Gillette, Philips, Camel Cigarettes, Adidas, Coca Cola, Fuji Film, Le Coq Sportif, Buitoni, Opel, Mars, Shell, Gatorade, Mobil, Nike and Budweiser.
Diego Maradona has some coarse language.
Ideas to discuss with your children
Diego Maradona is a Spanish-language documentary about the rise and fall of one of Argentina's all-time greatest soccer players, Diego Maradona. Beautifully constructed from previously unseen footage and images of Maradona, this movie paints a poignant picture of the influence Maradona has had on soccer and the country for which he played.
Diego Maradona will probably entertain older viewers, as well as those with a particular interest in soccer and this sporting figure. But the movie's length, mature themes and content mean it's inappropriate for children under 13 years. We also recommend parental guidance for children aged 13-15 years.
The main messages from this movie are that passion and motivation can lead to great achievements, but that fame and public adoration can take a psychological toll.
Values in this movie that you could reinforce with your children include:
- hard work
- loyalty to your team and friends.
This movie could also give you the chance to talk with your children about real-life issues like:
- abuse of and addiction to alcohol and other drugs
- prostitution and negative views about women.